Thursday 21 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 January 2010 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 January
- Paul Quarrington: Canadian novelist, playwright, screenwriter, filmmaker, musician and educator (Born 1953).
- Operation Aurora:
- Chinese Vice-Foreign Minister He Yafei downplays the government's row with Google, saying it does not affect relations with the United States. (''China Daily'')
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton calls on China to investigate the cyber attacks on Google. (BBC)
- U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs reports a sharp increase in profits for 2009, beating analysts' expectations. (''The New York Times'')
- The United States sends an additional 2,000 troops to Haiti to help with earthquake relief efforts. (BBC)
- Chinese economy grows 8.7% in 2009. (''China Daily'')
- Virginia, United States shootings suspect Christopher Speight is charged with first degree murder. (BBC)
- United States Supreme Court overturns campaign spending limits by corporations and unions. (BBC)
- The Parliament of Angola approves a new constitution that abolishes direct presidential elections. (Angola Press)
- Nigerian authorities relax a 24 hour curfew put in place in Jos due to recent religious violence. (Afrique en ligne)
- General Motors confirms it will close an Opel factory in Antwerp, Belgium, cutting 2,300 jobs. (BBC)
- Yemen stops issuing visas at international airports to ampquothalt terrorist infiltrationampquot following the Christmas Day bomb plot. (Al Jazeera)
- The internet forum boards.ie is attacked by hackers, forcing it to go offline and change the passwords of thousands of its users. (''The Irish Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?