Wednesday 21 July 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1920 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Isaac Stern: Russian-American violist known for his fine artistry.
- Isaac Stern Kremenetz: Russia, violinist (debut San Francisco Symph).
- Constantly [A Nieuwenhuys]: Painter (Uprising of Homo Ludens).
- Manuel Valls Gorina: Composer.
- Tom Jones: American aircraft executive and businessman.
- Constance Dowling: American actress (d. 1969)
- Constant Nieuwenhuys: Dutch painter sculptor and illustrator (d. 2005)
- Sergio Piacentini: Italy sport Champion
- Gabrisl Decroix: Lille physician
- Jean Daniel: French-Jewish journalist and author. He is the founder and executive editor of Le Nouvel Observateur weekly.
- Thomas Jones: Pomona EXecutives
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?