Tuesday 21 July 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1942 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Fred Hetzel NBA star (San Francisco: Cincinnati, Milwaukee Bucks).
- Mike Hegan: American noted family and TV sportscaster in Milwaukee.
- Kim Fowley: Philippines -- US rock vocalist / producer / songwriter.
- Patricia Elliot in Gunnison: Colorado, USA; actress (Renee - Empire, One Life to Live).
- 8 die as coal waste heap slides in river valley near Oakwood, Virginia
- Eight die as coal waste heap slides in river valley near Oakwood, Virginia.
- The Japanese establish a beachhead on the north coast of New Guinea in the Buna-Gona area a small Australian force begins a rearguard action on the Kokoda Track Campaign.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?