Saturday 21 July 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1945 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Leigh Lawson: Atherston, England -- Actress (Fire & Sword, Charlie Boy).
- Alton Maddox in New York: USA; black activist/attorney (Tawana Brawley case).
- Lydia Shum: Hong Kong comedian and actress (d. 2008).
- Louis Jouve: .
- Wendy Cope: English poet critic and educator.
- Geoff Dymock: Former Australian cricketer
- John Lowe: English darts player
- Barry Richards: Former South African cricketer
- Detroit Tigers and Philadelphia Athletics play 24 innings 1-1 tie.
- WWII: President Harry S. Truman approves the order for atomic bombs to be used against Japan.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - I'm Gonna Love That Gal
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Jerry Colonna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?