Wednesday 21 July 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1948 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Litto Nebbia: Singer, songwriter and producer prominent in the development of Argentine rock.
- Jacques Vergnes: French football (soccer) player, a striker who made one appearance for the French national football team in 1971, scoring in that one match.
- Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine: French pop-rock singer and songwriter.
- Beppe Grillo: Italian comedian, actor, and politician, he began to work as accountant.
- Marius Tresor: .
- Bruce Scofield: American astrologer, lecturer and author. Bruce has written programs for Astrolabe as well as astrology books and many articles for magazines and newsletters. He has been closely involved with the NCGR education program from its inception in 1979, serving as Education Director 1998-2002. His first astrology book was written in 1980 and published four years later. He is the author of "The Timing Of Events: Electional Astrology." In 1989 Bruce produced the first credible delineations for the 20 da
- Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam): English singer/songwriter
- Ed Hinton: American sportswriter
- Snooty : American manatee
- Art Hindle: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Actor (Jeff-Dallas, Berrengers)
- Garry Trudeau: American cartoonist
- Teruzane Utada: Japanese music record producer and manager
- Cat Stevens: (born Steven Demetre Georgiou), commonly known by his former stage name Cat Stevens, is a British singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, humanitarian, education philanthropist, and prominent convert to Islam. He began releasing gold albums in 1971. A singer, pianist, guitarist and songwriter, he first appeared as a clean cut teen-age idol. After a pause due to an illness of TB in 1968 and depression, he returned as a shaggy singer and writer of songs with considerable depth and meaning, acco
- WSPD TV channel 13 in Toledo, OH (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?