Monday 21 July 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Les Enfants Terribles, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1952 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Robin Williams in Chicago: Illinois, USA; comedian (Mork and Mindy, Awakenings, Genie - Aladdin).
- Susannah Carr: Australian journalist.
- David Hasselhoff: American actor, a tall, handsome, macho "hunk.
- John Barrasso: American physician and politician.
- Camilia Veroni: Italian ecclesiastic called "the little flying nun," as she was the first sister in Europe to take flying lessons; she has always had a passion for all kinds of motors.
- 7.8 earthquake shakes Kern County California, 14 killed
- Premier Ghavam es-Sultaneh of Persia, resigns
- A magnitude 7.5 earthquake (Richter scale) strikes Tehachapi, California, destroying unreinforced brick buildings.
- The European Coal and Steel Community is established.
- General Mohammed Naguib leads The Free Officers (formed by Gamal Abdel Nasser – the real power behind the coup) in the overthrow of King Farouk of Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?