Friday 21 July 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Painter and Tore Meinecke.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kenilworth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1967 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Lance Painter: Bedford, England -- Pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Tore Meinecke: West Germany -- Tennis star.
- Albert J Luthuli: President South Africa (ANC).
- Jimmy Foxx: baseball hall of famer (Detroit Tigers/534 home runs), dies at 59.
- Pierre Kemp: Dutch Poet (English paint box), dies at 80.
- Basil Rathbone: South African-British actor of stage and film for over 40 years.
- Jimmie Foxx: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1967).
- The town of Winneconne, Wisconsin, announces secession from the United States because it is not included in the official maps and declares war. Secession is repealed the next day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 July 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?