Sunday 21 July 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Perthaler and Dina Ammaccapane.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1968 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Christian Perthaler: Hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Dina Ammaccapane: Bayport, New York -- LPGA golfer (1994 Sara Lee Classic-4th).
- Johnnie Barnes: NFL wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers, Amsterdam Admirals).
- Robert Anthony Gamez: Las Vegas, Nevada -- PGA golfer (1990 Nestle).
- Brandi Chastain: San Jose, California -- Soccer forward (1996 Olympics).
- Lyle Odelein: Quill Lake, Saskatchewan -- NHL defenseman (Team Canada, Montreal)
- Aditya Shrivastava: Indian actor and singer
- Ruth St Denis: American dancer and choreographer, strongly influenced by Indian, Oriental and Greek dance.
- 50th PGA Championship: Julius Boros shoots a 281 at Pecan Valley, Texas
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Buckeye Savings Golf Invitational
- Jan Janssen wins Tour de France: 1st Dutchman
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?