Tuesday 21 July 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryce Florie and Steven "Scrappy" Segaloff.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1970 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Bryce Florie: Charleston, Florida -- Pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Steven "Scrappy" Segaloff: New Haven, Connecticut -- Rower (1996 Olympics - 5th Place).
- Alysia Reiner: Movie Actress.
- Michael Fitzpatrick: American singer-songwriter (Fitz and The Tantrums).
- Shawn Stasiak: American wrestler and chiropractor.
- Clay Kirby has a no-hitter going for 8 inn, but is lifted for a pinch hitter, Reliever Jack Baldschun gives up 3 hits and Padres lose, 3-0
- Huge Aswan Dam opens in Egypt
- Libya orders confiscation of all Jewish property
- After 11 years of construction, the Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- The Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- Said bin Taimur, Sultan of Muscat and Oman, is deposed in a palace coup by his son, Qaboos.
- Two CS gas canisters are thrown into the chamber of the British House of Commons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Bread - Make It With You
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?