Friday 21 July 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Military man and Joe Rudolph.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Fat City, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1972 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Dennis Military man: Soccer player (Sparta / Vitesse).
- Joe Rudolph: NFL guard (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Kimera Bartee: Omaha, Nebraska -- Outfielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Martin Miller: CFL safety (BC Lions).
- Korey Cooper: Guitarist.
- Ai Haruna: Japanese television personality and singer
- Shinjiro Otani: Japanese professional wrestler
- 2 passenger trains collide head-on killing 76 (Seville, Spain)
- 27.5 cm rainfall at Fort Ripley, Minnesota (state record)
- Dodgers release and end career of pitcher Hoyt Wilhelm
- In NY, 57 murders occur in 24 hours
- In New York, 57 murders occur in 24 hours.
- Bloody Friday bombing by the Provisional Irish Republican Army, (PIRA) around Belfast, Northern Ireland, 22 bomb explosions, 9 people were killed,130 seriously injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?