Friday 21 July 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
The Driver, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1978 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Kyoko Iwosoki: Japan -- 100m breaststroke swimmer (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Anderson: Brazilian footballer.
- Brandon Heath: Country Singer.
- Justin Bartha: American actor.
- Damian Marley: Jamaican musician.
- Josh Hartnett: American actor
- Anderson da Silva Gibin: Brazilian footballer
- Julian Huppert: English academic and politician
- Kyoko Iwasaki: Japanese swimmer
- Gary Teale: Scottish footballer
- Bolivia milt coup under general Juan Pereda, President Hugo Banzer flees
- US Postal Service and unions agree on a contract averting mail strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?