Saturday 21 July 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Amityville Horror, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1979 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Tamika Catchings: American basketball player.
- David Carr: American football player.
- Luis Michel: Mexican footballer.
- Andriy Voronin: Ukrainian football player.
- Ludwig Renn: Writer, dies at 90.
- 108th British Golf Open: Seve Ballesteros shoots a 283 at Royal Lytham
- National Women's Hall of Fame (Seneca Falls, New York) dedicated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Chic - Good Times
- Makin' It - David Naughton
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
- Electric Light Orchestra - Shine A Little Love
- John Stewart - Gold
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?