Thursday 21 July 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eiv?r Palsdottir and Vinessa Antoine.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Mom, directed by Stan Dragoti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Firebirds or Mangia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1983 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Eiv?r Palsdottir: Faroese singer.
- Vinessa Antoine: Canadian actress.
- Olamide Faison: American actor.
- Amy Mizzi: Australian actress.
- Eivør Pálsdóttir: Faroese singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Kellen Winslow: II; American football player.
- Polish government ends 19 months of martial law.
- US announces Lebanon freed American hostage David Dodge.
- The world's lowest temperature is recorded at Vostok Station, Antarctica at -89.2 ?C (-128.6 ?F).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?