Saturday 21 July 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yolanda Gampp and Jurrick Juliana.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Purple Rain, directed by Albert Magnoli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kentilla or Lazy Jones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1984 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:21 July
- Michael Osborne: Rock guitarist / vocalist (Axe), dies at 34.
- 1st documented case of a robot killing a human in US
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- ZZ Top - Legs
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?