Monday 21 July 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yogscast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bratz Kidz or Coded Soul: Uketsugareshi Idea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 July 2008 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 July
- The Congress of France (the National Assembly and the Senate meeting together) passes a bill that would make major changes to the Constitution of France, with a margin of only one vote this bill is designed to strengthen Parliament, while establishing a two-term presidential term limit and allowing the President to speak before Parliament. (BBC News)
- The United States Food and Drug Administration finds the same salmonella strain responsible for the 2008 United States salmonellosis outbreak in Mexican-grown jalapeño peppers. (AP via Google News)
- The first terrorism trial of a Guantanamo Bay inmate begins with Salim Ahmed Hamdan, the former driver and bodyguard of Osama bin Laden, pleading not guilty. (CBC)
- Yahoo! reaches a deal with Carl Icahn giving him three seats on its board of directors. (Bloomberg)
- Zimbabwe introduces a new 100-billion-dollar bank note as the annual inflation rate hits 2.2 million percent. (''The Guardian'')
- Nepal's presidential election concludes with Ram Baran Yadav winning with a majority. (''China Daily'')
- A United States Air Force B-52 bomber crashes near Guam in the western Pacific Ocean. (AP via MSNBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI holds a special mass in Sydney for victims of sexual abuse by Roman Catholic Church clergy. (Al-Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?