Saturday 21 July 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Step Up Revolution, directed by Scott Speer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 July 2012 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 July
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Heavy fighting continues in the Syrian capital Damascus and the largest city of Aleppo. (CBC)
- Three more Syrian generals defect to Turkey. (Now Lebanon)
- Rebels take control of a second border crossing with Iraq. (AFP via Google News)
- A suicide bomb attack kills at least nine people at the entrance to an anti-Taliban commander's compound in Kurram in northwestern Pakistan. (BBC)
- South Sudan accuses Sudan of bombing its territory along a disputed border. (Reuters)
- Two Russian soldiers and several militants are killed in clashes in Ingushetia in the North Caucasus several militants are also killed in Dagestan. (Kuwait News Agency)
- Rights campaigners criticise the authoritative ''Contemporary Chinese Dictionary'' for excluding the definition of colloquial Chinese characters for ampquotgay.ampquot (BBC)
- Illegally excavated Buddhist relics are stolen from a police station in Karachi, Pakistan. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signs a federal law ampquotOn ratification of the Protocol on the Accession of the Russian Federation to the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization on April 15, 1994ampquot that authorizes Russia's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) after almost 18 years of negotiations. (Kremlin.ru)
- Rupert Murdoch resigns from a number of directorships, including that of News International. (BBC)
- A helicopter carrying military personnel crashes killing 12 people in Brunei. (Reuters)
- One hundred and forty six people are presumed dead in the Tanzania ferry disaster. (AP)
- A subcontractor at Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant reportedly told workers to lie about possible high radiation exposure in an apparent effort to keep its contract. (''Oman Daily Observer'')
- Sixty-one schools in Chile's capital Santiago are to be investigated for possible child sex abuse. (Al Jazeera)
- President of Russia Vladimir Putin signs the bill branding non-governmental organizations, which receive funding from abroad, as ampquotforeign agentsampquot into law, criticized by opponents as part of a campaign to suppress dissent. (''Gulf News'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?