Saturday 21 June 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1919 ?
- Gérard Pelletier: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Maurice Buiteux: Clermont-Ferrand physician.
- Guy Lux: French game show host and producer perhaps best known for his 1961 creation of the game show, Intervilles (the basis for the British program, It's A Knockout).
- Gerard Pelletier: French-Canadian journalist, politician, and diplomat (d. 1997).
- Gabriel Kaspereit: French politician, MP (UNR, UDR then RPR) in Paris from 1961 to 1997, Secretary of State for medium and small industry from 1969 to 1972, and mayor of the 9th arrondissement of Paris from 1983 to 2001.
- Antonia Mesina: Italian martyr and saint (d. 1935)
- Vladimir Simagin: Russian chess player and coach (d. 1968)
- Paolo Soleri: Italian-American architect designed the Cosanti (d. 2013)
- Phil Ford: American nightclub entertainer, stage and TV actor who has performed solo on Broadway and also as a partner with Mimi Hines, his second wife to whom he was married from 1954-1972. Their break-through performance came in 1958 on the Jack Paar television show. The couple toured as Ford and Hines and worked together professionally even after their divorce.
- Bauer forms German government
- German Admiral von Reuter scuttles his own captured fleet
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fire a volley into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two, during the Winnipeg General Strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- That Wonderful Mother of Mine - Henry Burr
- Forever is a Long, Long Time - Charles Hart
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?