Friday 21 June 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Morgan and Abdel Halim Hafez.
Behind That Curtain, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1929 ?
- John Morgan: British ambassador (to Mexico).
- Abdel Halim Hafez: Egyptian singer and actor (d. 1977).
- Dennis Barker: British journalist who has written for The Guardian, as an obituary and features writer, as well as other British newspapers and publications.
- Bob Gain: former American football player who played 13 seasons for the Cleveland Browns, and also played in the Canadian Football League.
- Pascal Eito: France sport Champion.
- Abdel Hafez: Egyptian singer and actor (d. 1977)
- Alexandre Lagoya: Egyptian-Greek guitarist and composer (d. 1999)
- Leonard Trelawny Hobhouse: British politician (Born 1864).
- An agreement brokered by U.S. Ambassador Dwight Whitney Morrow ends the Cristero War in Mexico.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?