Friday 21 June 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Gélin and Xanana Gusmao.
Dead of Night, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Cash and Carry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1946 ?
- Xavier Gélin: French actor, producer, scenarist and director who died in Paris on 2 July 1999, aged 53, in Paris.
- Xanana Gusmao: Indonesian resistance leader, the charismatic East Timorese poet-revolutionary heading the Independence Movement of East Timor.
- Kate Hoey: Irish politician and senior lecturer at two colleges 1972-1985.
- Malcolm Rifkind: Scottish politician, the Secretary of State for Scotland, 1990.
- Piotr Domaradzki: Polish-American historian and journalist (d. 2015).
- Rob Dyson: American race car driver
- Per Eklund: Swedish race car driver
- Brenda Holloway: American singer and songwriter
- Trond Kirkvaag: Norwegian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- Maurice Saatchi: Baron Saatchi Iraqi-English businessman founded M&C Saatchi and Saatchi & Saatchi
- Heinrich Kaminski: Composer, dies at 59.
- 10 die in fire at Baker Hotel in Dallas, Texas
- Bill Veeck buys Indians for $2.2 million
- Ten die in fire at Baker Hotel, Dallas, Texas, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- I Got The Sun In The Morning - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?