Monday 21 June 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Romance on the High Seas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1948 ?
- Philippe Sarde: American musician and composer of over 120 scores for U.S.
- Juan Oliver: American a gay former Episcopal priest, writer who was HIV positive.
- Philippe Hersant: French composer who studied at the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique, Paris.
- Luc Guyau: French farmer who was the Independent Chairperson of the Food and Agriculture (FAO) Council from 2009 to 2013.
- Joey Malland: Liverpool, England -- Rock guitarist (Badfinger-Come & Get It).
- Ian McEwan: British writer, published from 1975 with a book of short stories, "First Love Last Rites" which achieved immediate recognition and acclaim. McEwan has won various awards and honorary degrees and has worked with screenplays as well as putting out seven novels and a children's story, "The Daydreamer."
- Jovan Aćimović: Serbian footballer and manager
- Lionel Rose: Australian boxer and singer (d. 2011)
- Andrzej Sapkowski: Polish author and translator
- 1st stored computer program run, on Manchester Mark I
- 33 1 / 3 RPM LP record introduced (DR Peter Goldmark-Columbia Records)
- Lord Mountbatten resigns as Governor-General of India
- Rhodes conference on Israeli-Arab war opens
- WNAC (now KNEV) TV channel 7 in Boston, MA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.
- The Deutsche Mark becomes official currency of the future Federal Republic of Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?