Wednesday 21 June 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1950 ?
- Trygve Thue: Norwegian guitarist and record producer.
- Terry Miskolczi: Dunnville, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1976 Alberta-3rd).
- Gérard Lanvin: French popular actor, who began earning his living selling trousers.
- Gerard Lanvin: French actor.
- Joey Kramer in New York City: New York, USA; rock drummer (Aerosmith - "Janie Got a Gun").
- Anne Carson: Canadian poet and academic
- Joey Kramer: American drummer and songwriter (Aerosmith)
- Vasilis Papakonstantinou: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Enn Reitel: Scottish actor and screenwriter
- John Young: Scottish-Australian singer
- Joe DiMaggio gets his 2,000th hit
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?