Monday 21 June 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Kirkbridge and Mujde Ar.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1954 ?
- Anne Kirkbridge: Actress (Deidre-Coronation Street).
- Mujde Ar: Turkish actress.
- Kathy Sullivan: American attorney and politician.
- Anne Kirkbride: Anne Kirkbride was an English actress, best known for her long-running role as Deirdre Barlow in the Granada Television soap, Coronation Street, which she played for over 40 years from 1972 to 2014.
- Müjde Ar: Turkish actress.
- Chitra Gajadin: Surinamese author and poet
- Mar Gudmundsson: Icelandic economist
- Mark Kimmitt: American general and politician 16th Assistant Secretary Bureau of Political-Military Affairs
- Robert Menasse: Austrian author and academic
- Robert Pastorelli: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Eldin-Murphy Brown)
- Gideon Sundback: Swedish-American engineer and businessman developed the zipper (d. 1954).
- John Landy runs world record mile (3:58.0)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?