Tuesday 21 June 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Marshall Grant and Leigh J McCloskey.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1955 ?
- David Marshall Grant: Westport, Connecticut -- Actor (Legs, French Postcards).
- Leigh J McCloskey: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Dallas, Executive Suite, General Hospital).
- Aloysius Amwano: Nauruan politician.
- François Chassagnite: French jazz trumpeter.
- Jean-Pierre Mader: French pop singer, songwriter, and producer, particularly known for his smash hit "Macumba", released in 1985.
- Leigh McCloskey: American actor, California style blond surfer type onstage from 1974 in TV and film. He made his debut with a small part in the TV series "Rich Man Poor Man," 1976. McCloskey was the costar of a short-lived nighttime soap, "Executive Suite," that first aired on 9/20/1976 and he starred in the film "The Bermuda Depths," 1979. In 1979-80, he was in the cast of the top-rated soap "Dallas," as Lucy Ewing's husband, Mitch Cooper.
- Michel Platini: French soccer player, trainer and manager. He is the president of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) since 2007. He won the Ballon d'Or three times, in 1983, 1984 and 1985. On 29 July 2015, he reveals he is candidate for FIFA President in February 2016. But a suspension (8 years) for disloyal management (by the FIFA) prevented him definately from being candidate. President Blatter was sentenced as well.
- Tim Bray: Canadian software developer and businessman co-founded the Open Text Corporation
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?