Friday 21 June 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1957 ?
- Berkeley Breathed: American author and illustrator.
- Mark Brzezicki: English drummer (Big Country The Cult Ultravox and Procol Harum).
- Lucien DeBlois: Canadian professional ice hockey player.
- Vladimir Romanovsky: Russian canoe racer (d. 2013).
- Luis Tagle: Filipino cardinal.
- Berke Breathed: Cartoonist (Vegetarian, Bloom County, Outland)
- Nino D'Angelo: Italian pop/folk singer and actor.
- Ellen Louks Fairclough is sworn in as Canada's first woman Cabinet Minister.
- John Diefenbaker becomes Canada's 13th prime minister.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?