Sunday 21 June 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Darby O'Gill and the Little People, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1959 ?
- John Baron: English captain and politician.
- Marcella Detroit: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Shakespear's Sister).
- Kathy Mattea: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tom Chambers: American athlete, pro basketball player for several teams, finishing his career with the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Tom Chambers NBA forward: center (Seattle SuperSonics, Phoenix Suns).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?