Wednesday 21 June 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Barber and Manu Chao.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Moody River by Pat Boone.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1961 ?
- Karen Barber: English ice dancer.
- Manu Chao: French singer, he founded the band "La Mano Negra".
- Arlette Holsters: Dutch pro equestrian and competitor in the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, placing 18th in individual dressage.
- Joko Widodo: Politician.
- Sascha Konietzko: German keyboard player and producer (KMFDM MDFMK Excessive Force Schwein and KGC).
- Kip Winger: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Winger)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?