Wednesday 21 June 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Moody River by Pat Boone.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1961 ?
- Sascha Konietzko: German keyboard player and producer (KMFDM MDFMK Excessive Force Schwein and KGC).
- Kip Winger: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Winger).
- Arlette Holsters: Dutch pro equestrian and competitor in the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, placing 18th in individual dressage.
- Joko Widodo: Politician.
- Karen Barber: English ice dancer.
- Manu Chao: French singer, he founded the band "La Mano Negra". He sings in French, Sapanish, Italian, Portuguese, English, and Arabic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?