Sunday 21 June 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1964 ?
- Sammi Davis: English actress.
- Dimitris Papaioannou: Greek avant-garde stage director, choreographer and visual artist.
- Dean Saunders: Welsh footballer and manager.
- Sammi Davis-Voss: Kidderminster, England -- Actress (Hope & Glory).
- David Morrissey: British actor.
- Doug Savant: American actor; known primarily for playing one of the first openly gay TV characters on prime-time, the role of Matt Fielding in the "Melrose Place" TV series. He played that role from 1992-1997. He is married to Laura Leighton who played Sydney Andrews on the show; they have a son Jack Douglas Savant, born October 10, 2000. Savant has two daughters from his previous marriage.
- 3 civil rights workers-Michael H Schwerner Andrew Goodman and James E Chaney-disappeared after release from a Mississippi jail
- Beckwith arrested for murder of Medger Evers, found guilty 30 yr later
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Lady Carling Eastern Golf Open
- Phillies Jim Bunning pitches perfect game (Mets) on Fathers day, in 2nd game of DH, Mets get 3 hits, 3 being fewest hits in NL DH
- Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Bachelors - Diane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?