Tuesday 21 June 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1966 ?
- David Williams: American athlete, outside tackle for the Houston Oilers, drafted by the team in 1989.
- Gretchen Carlson: American television personality who hosts the Fox News daytime show The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson weekdays.
- Sergey Grishin: Russian engineer and businessman.
- Mancow Muller: American radio host and actor.
- Pierre Thorsson: Swedish handball player.
- Queen Juliana opens Coen tunnel in Amsterdam
- Opposition leader Arthur Calwell is shot after attending a political meeting in Mosman, Sydney, Australia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?