Monday 21 June 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Klute, directed by Alan J. Pakula, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1971 ?
- Dipendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev: Crown Prince / Son of King of Nepal.
- Nicole Stevenson: Melbourne, Victoria -- Backstroker (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Tyrone Drakeford: NFL cornerback (SF 49ers).
- Anette Olzon: Swedish singer (Nightwish and Alyson Avenue).
- 50,000 attend Celebration of Life rock concert in McCrea, Louisiana
- 71st US Golf Open: Lee Trevino shoots a 280 at Merion Golf Club - Ardmore, Pennsylvania
- Indians Ken Harrelson retires from baseball to play pro golf
- International Court of Justice asks South-Africa to pull out of Namibia
- Britain begins new negotiations for EEC membership in Luxembourg.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?