Thursday 21 June 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1973 ?
- Juliette Lewis: American actress whose performance in Martin Scorsese’s "Cape Fear" earned her an Oscar nomination.
- Merlakia Jones: WNBA guard / forward (Cleveland rockers).
- Sammie Burroughs: Linebacker (Indianapolis Colts).
- John Mitchell: English guitarist vocalist and songwriter (It Bites Arena Frost* and John Wetton).
- Pascal Rhéaume: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Alyson Annan: Australian bisexual female field hockey player, considered by most to be the best in the world. In 1998 at the Commonwealth Games, she made history when she became Australia's highest-ever goal scorer with 110 goals. She is also the record-holder for highest number of international goals and has several other "firsts," among which first-ever recipient of the International Hockey Federation's Player of the Year Award in 1999.. She has played for the Australian HockeyRoos and for KleinZwitzerland
- Frank Leahy: football coach (Notre Dame), dies at age 64.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Elton John - Daniel
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?