Sunday 21 June 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Medley by Stars On 45.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
Dragonslayer, directed by Matthew Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1981 ?
- David Bortolussi: French-born Italian rugby player.
- Yann Danis: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Simon Delestre: French horse rider.
- Garrett Jones: American baseball player.
- Brad Walker: American pole vaulter.
- Brandon Flowers: American singer and keyboardist (The Killers)
- Gunnar Ek: Composer, dies on 81st birthday.
- 81st US Golf Open: David Graham shoots 273 at Merion Golf Club - Ardmore, Pennsylvania
- Don Fagan and Walter Becker quit Steely Dan
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Lady Keystone Golf
- Riots at Casablanca, kills 66-200
- Socialists / communists win French parliamentary election
- 12-bottle case of 1979 Napamedoc Cabernet wine auctioned for US$24,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Neil Diamond - America
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?