Wednesday 21 June 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 June
- Jared C Monti: Medal Of Honor Recipient (Born 1975).
- Pluto's newly discovered moons are officially named Nix & Hydra.
- War in Afghanistan: Six Canadian soldiers are wounded following two separate attacks in the southern provinces of Afghanistan. The six casualties are the first coalition casualties since Operation Mountain Thrust began on June 12, 2006. (CBC)
- The Government of Chad demands that the Security Council act to stop Janjaweed and UFDC incursions into Chad. (Reuters)
- In a press conference in South Africa, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir says that United Nations peacekeeping forces shall never enter Sudan because they are controlled by an international Jewish conspiracy involving ampquotheavy propaganda and media campaigns.ampquot (SudanTribune)
- The United States Marine Corps announces that it will be charging seven Marines and one sailor with charges including murder in relation to the death of civilian Hashim Ibrahim Awad in Al Hamdaniya, Iraq, on April 26. A fourth soldier from the 101st Airborne Division was charged in connection with the shooting deaths of three detainees during an operation in Salahuddin province in May. (CNN)
- Xanana Gusmão, President of East Timor, asks Prime Minister Marí Alkatiri to resign. (CNN)
- Saddam Hussein's principal defense lawyer, Khamis al-Obeidi, is assassinated in Baghdad. (BBC)
- United States celebrates national Go Skateboarding Day.
- Ukraine's formerly estranged Orange Revolution allies reach an agreement to restore Yulia Tymoshenko as Prime Minister of Ukraine after three months of uncertainty. (Kyiv Post)
- Katharine Jefferts Schori, the Episcopal bishop of Nevada, and the new leader of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America has said that homosexuality is not a sin. (Melbourne Herald Sun)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?