Thursday 21 June 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Transformers, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2007 ?
- Lebanon declares victory over Fatah al-Islam, an Al Qaeda-linked group, after a month-long battle at a Palestinian refugee camp. (Reuters via Daily Times)
- Inflation in Zimbabwe reaches 9,000%, the highest in the world. (CNN)
- NASA postpones the landing of ''Atlantis'' at Kennedy Space Center due to inclement weather, prolonging STS-117 for another day. NASA states that it can extend the mission until June 24 if necessary. (CNN)
- A polar blast moving north over the South Island of New Zealand causes major disruptions and claims at least one life. (One)
- The United Nations-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone finds three leaders of the Armed Forces Revolutionary CouncilmdashAlex Tamba Brima, Brima Bazzy Kamara, and Santigie Borbor Kanumdashguilty of war crimes. (AP via CNN)
- The President of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, invites the leaders of the Palestinian Authority, Israel, and Jordan to a summit on Sunday to discuss the Palestinian crisis. (FOX)
- The Kuwaiti government condemns the besieging of its embassy in Iran and the beating of a diplomat, regarding it as an ampquotattack on Kuwait.ampquot The Iranian Foreign Ministry says it regrets that the incident occurred. (Gulf News)
- Deposed Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra is ordered to return to Thailand to face charges in an asset-concealment case. (UPI)
- Japan changes the name of Iwo Jima to its original name, Iwo To, to reflect the wishes of its original inhabitants. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?