Tuesday 21 June 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2011 ?
- Carroll Sextuplets: American sextuplets, five girls and one boy, delivered by Caesarean section at 28 weeks of gestation.
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: 2,000 Ethiopian migrants are evacuated from the country. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Security forces kill seven people during clashes between opposition and pro-government supporters in three cities. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- NATO's command centre in Naples loses contact with an MQ-8 Fire Scout drone during reconnaissance operations over Libya. (BBC)
- At least 20 people are killed when a car bomb explodes outside a local governor's house in Al Diwaniyah in Iraq. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- European sovereign debt crisis:
- The Greek parliament holds a vote of confidence in government cuts associated with a new €12 billion loan from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. (BBC)
- The International Monetary Fund calls on eurozone countries to provide more money for Greece and to stop what the IMF regards as ampquotunproductiveampquot arguments about burning bondholders. (''Irish Independent'')
- Civilians peacefully protest ''en masse'' outside parliament against government cuts in Greece, though riot police armed with tear gas circulate nearby. (Al Jazeera)
- Some of the protesters have been camping for weeks in front of the parliament building in Syntagma Square, asking why they have to pay while politicians are not pursued. (Reuters Africa)
- Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou narrowly survives a confidence vote in parliament, signifying further cuts which are to be voted on June 28. (Al Jazeera)
- The IMF issues an annual report calling on the Spanish government to continue to reduce public spending and increase liberalisation of its jobs market. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi easily wins a parliamentary vote on the economy thought to be a test of his coalition's stability. (BBC)
- Flights in Australia are again disrupted due to volcanic ash from the 2011 Puyehue-Cordón Caulle eruption in Chile. (''WA Today'')
- At least 28 children die mysteriously in the Indian state of Bihar. (One India)
- Central United States storms
- More than 270,000 people in the US city of Chicago, Illinois, are left without power due to thunder storms with some reports of funnel clouds. (NBC Chicago)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?