Saturday 21 March 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1931 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Toyonobori : Japanese sumo wrestler (d. 1998).
- Clark Brundin: American-English engineer and academic.
- Catherine Gibson: Scottish swimmer (d. 2013).
- Al Williamson: American illustrator (d. 2010).
- Al Freeman: American actor, director, and educator.
- Jean Verdun: French writer, the author of novels and books on Freemasonry, especially in France. Between 1985 and 1988, he was elected Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of France.
- Didier Pineau-Valencienne: French business executive and entrepreneur, the President-Director of Groupe Schneider. He was arrested on 26 May 1994 for embezzlement and was released on bail while waiting trial.
- Alda Merini: Italian writer, a poet. nominated by the Academie Française for a Nobel prize. With a precocious talent in poetry, Merini published her first group of verse in 1953. She married Ettore Carniti, a baker and they had two daughters.
- Benito Martinez: American military hero, a United States Army soldier who posthumously received the Medal of Honor — the United States' highest military decoration — for his actions during the Korean War. Martinez was mortally wounded while solely defending his outpost on 6 September 1952. His actions enabled his company to take back the terrain which they had lost.
- Ivan William Hannaford: Sociologist
- KRO-broadcast studio initiated in Hilversum Holland
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Roger Turner
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Maribel Vinson.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 March 1931 and get them!