Wednesday 21 March 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crown of Thorns, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1934 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Al Freeman Jr in San Antonio: Texas, USA; actor (One Life to Live, My Sweet Charlie).
- Al Freeman: Jr.
- Ved Mehta: Indian-American author.
- Lister Carney in Bellaire: Ohio, USA; 200 metre runner (Olympics-silver-1960).
- Michel Rolant: French trade unionist.
- Fire destroys Hakodate Japan, killing about 1,500
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?