Sunday 21 March 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Flores in Fresno and François Bonlieu.
Quality Street, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1937 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Tom Flores in Fresno: California, USA; NFL quarterback/coach (Oakland Raiders).
- François Bonlieu: French alpine skier, born in Juvincourt.
- Pierre-Jean Rémy: French diplomat, novelist, and essayist.
- Francois Bonlieu: France sport Champion.
- Ann Clwyd: Welsh journalist and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Wales.
- Tom Flores: American football player and coach
- Ponce Massacre: 18 people and a 7-year-old girl in Ponce, Puerto Rico, are gunned down by a police squad acting under orders of US-appointed Governor, Blanton C. Winship.
- The first successful flying car, Waldo Waterman's ''Aerobile'', makes its initial flight.
- In Crystal City, Texas, spinach growers erect a statue of the cartoon character Popeye.
- William Henry Hastie becomes the first African-American appointed to a federal judgeship .
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?