Tuesday 21 March 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Midnight, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1939 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Kathleen Widdoes: Wilmington, Delaware -- Actress (Without a Trace).
- Martha Hudson in Eastman: Georgia, USA; 4X100 metre relayer (Olympics-gold-1960).
- Evald Aav: Estonian composer and conductor (d. 1939).
- Nazi-Germany demands Gdansk (Danzig) from Poland
- In London: the Ordo Templi Orientis publish Aleister Crowley's ''Eight Lectures on Yoga''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 March 1939 and get them!