Sunday 21 March 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cabin in the Sky, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1943 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- István Gyulai: Hungarian sprinter and sportscaster (d. 2006).
- Hartmut Haenchen: German conductor.
- Vivian Stanshall: English singer-songwriter guitarist and painter (Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band and Grimms) (d. 1995).
- Antal Dunai: Hungary -- Soccer player (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Istvan Gyulai: Hungarian sports executive (d. 2006).
- François Patriat: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Côte-d'Or department.
- British 8th Army opens assault on Mareth line, Tunisia.
- Assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler fails.
- Wehrmacht officer Rudolf Christoph Freiherr von Gersdorff plots to assassinate Adolf Hitler by using a suicide bomb, but the plan falls through. Von Gersdorff is able to defuse the bomb in time and avoid suspicion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?