Monday 21 March 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Money [Mahoney] in Brooklyn and Slavoj Zizek.
The Red Pony, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1949 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Eddie Money [Mahoney] in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer/guitarist ("Take Me Home Tonight", "Two Tickets to Paradise").
- Slavoj Zizek: Slovenian sociologist and cultural critic.
- Eddie Money: American musician and composer whose first band was the 1970 group, "The Grapes Of Wrath.
- Alvin Kallicharran: Guyanese cricketer and coach.
- Andy Love: Scottish-English politician.
- Slavoj Žižek: Slovenian sociologist philosopher and academic
- WTVJ TV channel 4 in Miami, Florida (NBC / CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Cruising Down the River - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?