Saturday 21 March 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Wolfson in Washington DC and Robert "Shotgun" Johnson in Miami.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
I Confess, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1953 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Carl Wolfson in Washington DC: USA; comedian (Thicke of the Night).
- Robert "Shotgun" Johnson in Miami: Florida, USA; rock drummer (KC and the Sunshine Band - "Give it Up").
- Paul Martin Lester: American educator, author, and photographer.
- Steve Furber: English computer scientist and academic.
- Paul Lester: American photographer author and educator.
- David Wisniewski: English-American author and illustrator (d. 2002)
- NBA record 106 fouls and 12 players foul out (Boston Celtics - Syracuse Nationals).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 March 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?