Monday 21 March 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1960 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Guy Chadwick: English singer/songwriter ("House of Love").
- Dale Baze: Jockey.
- Benito de Leon: Filipino military officer.
- Raivo Puusepp: Estonian architect.
- Robert Sweet: American drummer and producer.
- Ayrton Senna: Brazilian Formula One race car driver and three-time world champion. He was the third Brazilian to become champion twice after Emerson Fittipaldi in 1942 and 1974, and Nelson Piquet 1981 and 1983. With a very aggressive style, he won championship, fame, wealth and adulation but was also subject to accidents. His rivalry with Alan Prost was historic.
- Apartheid: Massacre in Sharpeville, South Africa: Police open fire on a group of unarmed black South African demonstrators, killing 69 and wounding 180.
- The Sharpeville massacre in South Africa results in more than 69 dead, 300 injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?