Tuesday 21 March 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kassie Wesley and Slim MacDonnell.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Surrender by Elvis Presley.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Cold in Alex, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hotel Victoria.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1961 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Kassie Wesley: Kentucky, United States -- Actress (Evil Dead 2, Blair-One Life to Live).
- Slim MacDonnell: Jim Phantom rock percussionist (Stray Cats).
- Wei Wang: Beijing, China -- US table tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Lothar Matthaus: German footballer.
- Kassie DePaiva [Wesley] in Morganfield: Kentucky, USA; actress (Chelsea - Guiding Light, Evil Dead 2, Blair - One Life to Live).
- Lothar Matthäus: German football manager and former player. After captaining West Germany to victory in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, he was named European Footballer of the Year. In 1991, he was named the first ever FIFA World Player of the Year, and remains the only German to have received the award. He has played in five FIFA World Cups (1982-1998) more than any other outfield player, and holds the record for the most World Cup matches played by a single player (25 games). In 1999, aged 38, he was again voted Germ
- Vince Sorrenti: Australian comic entertainer and feature guest writer for "The Sydney Morning Herald" In the late 80s he won a Gold Medal at the New York Film Festival for "No Laughing Matter, " a documentary in which he plays all seven characters. In 1990, he obtained $2.5 million for a feature film "Gino."
- Kassie DePaiva: American actress and singer
- Slim Phantom: American drummer (Stray Cats Phantom Rocker & Slick Dead Men Walking and The Head Cat)
- Kim Turner: American hurdler
- Art Modell purchases Cleveland Browns for then record ($3,925,000)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?