Thursday 21 March 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shawon Dunston in Brooklyn and Ronald Koeman Dutch soccer star (Ajax.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Our Day Will Come by Ruby and the Romantics.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Birds, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik für Sie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1963 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Shawon Dunston in Brooklyn: New York, USA; infielder (San Francisco Giants).
- Ronald Koeman Dutch soccer star (Ajax: PSV, Barcelona, Feyenoord).
- Sharon June Howe Pederson in Glencoe: Minnesota, USA; rocker (Vixen - "Rev It Up").
- Shawon Dunston: American baseball player.
- Ronald Koeman: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Shawn Lane: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Black Oak Arkansas) (d. 2003)
- Share Pedersen: American bass player (Vixen and Contraband)
- Alcatraz, a federal penitentiary on an island in San Francisco Bay, closes.
- The Alcatraz Island federal penitentiary in San Francisco Bay closes the last 27 prisoners are transferred elsewhere at the order of Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?