Saturday 21 March 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed Radhi and Ieuan Evans.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to She Loves You by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Fall of the Roman Empire, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1964 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Ahmed Radhi: Iraqi international football star.
- Ieuan Evans: Welsh rugby player.
- Jesper Skibby: Danish professional cyclist.
- UCLA completes undefeated NCAA basketball season (30-0).
- The US Treasury announces it is now redeeming silver certificates for silver dollars at a rate of 1 million coins per day, and will exhaust its supply in two weeks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Al Martino - I Love You More And More Every Day
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?