Sunday 21 March 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1965 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roger Köppel: Swiss journalist, publisher and editor-in-chief of the Swiss magazine.
- Xavier Bertrand: French politician who was Minister of Health from 2005 to 2007 in Dominique de Villepin's government under President Jacques Chirac, then served as Minister of Labour, Social Affairs and Solidarity from 2007 to 2009 and as Minister of Labour, Employment and Health from 2010 to 2012.
- US Ranger 9 launched, last American unmanned lunar space probe; will take 5,814 pictures before lunar impact.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Golf Open.
- Ranger program: NASA launches Ranger 9 which is the last in a series of unmanned lunar space probes.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. leads 3,200 people on the start of the third and finally successful civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?