Monday 21 March 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Iafrate in Dearborn and Benito Archundia.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Avengers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1966 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Al Iafrate in Dearborn: Michigan, USA; NHL defenseman (San Jose Sharks).
- Benito Archundia: Mexican footballer referee lawyer and economist.
- Hauke Fuhlbrügge: German runner.
- Matthew Maynard: English cricketer and coach.
- DJ Premier: American DJ and producer (Gang Starr).
- Moa Matthis: Swedish author
- Supreme Court reverses Mass ruling that Fanny Hill is obscene
- US Supreme Court reverses Massachusetts' ruling that film Fanny Hill is obscene.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?