Thursday 21 March 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1968 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Valérie Pascale: French TV host and actress, she was formerly elected "Miss France" in 1986.
- Cameron Clyne: Australian businessman.
- Andrew Copeland: American singer and guitarist (Sister Hazel).
- Samantha Leah Dorman: Lakeland, Florida -- Playmate (Sept, 1991).
- Jaye Davidson: American-English model and actor.
- Samantha Dorman: American model and actress
- Greg Ellis: English actor producer and screenwriter
- Tolunay Kafkas: Turkish footballer and manager
- Shin Seung-hun: South Korean singer-songwriter
- Scott Williams: American basketball player and sportscaster
- Erwin Vanderbroeck: Dutch soccer player (Roda JC).
- Jeff Lazaro in Waltham: Massachusetts, USA; American hockey forward (Olympics-1994).
- Johan Garpenlov in Stockholm: Sweden; NHL left wing (Florida Panthers).
- Mark Sander: WLAF linebacker (Scottish Claymores).
- Vincent Courtois: French jazz cello player.
- DJ Premier: American record producer
- Shin Seung Hun: South Korean ballad singer
- Royals chosen as the name of new Kansas City AL franchise
- Israeli forces cross Jordan River to attack Palestinian Liberation Organization bases.
- Battle of Karameh in Jordan between Israeli Defense Forces and Fatah.
- Vietnam War: In ongoing campus unrest, Howard University students protesting the Vietnam War, the ROTC program on campus and the draft, confront Gen. Lewis Hershey, then head of the U.S. Selective Service System, and as he attempts to deliver an address, shout him down with cries of quotAmerica is the Black man's battleground!quot
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 March 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?