Friday 21 March 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1969 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Ali Daei: Iranian footballer.
- Mark Allen: in Australia; Australasia golfer.
- Viktor Alonen: Estonian footballer.
- Jonah Goldberg: American journalist and author.
- Levi Sanders: American from a noted family, the son of politician Bernie Sanders who is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 U.S.
- Jennifer Lyn Jackson: Cleveland, Ohio -- Playmate (April, 1989)
- Gerhart Fritsch: Writer, dies at 44.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 March 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?