Sunday 21 March 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hason Graham and Nora Gubisch.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Me And Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taková normální rodinka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1971 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Hason Graham: NFL wide receiver (New England Patriots).
- Nora Gubisch: French operatic mezzosoprano.
- Zsolt Kürtösi: Hungarian decathlete.
- Vermont seasonal snowfall totals 132.2 10892
- Jan Ferraris wins LPGA Orange Blossom Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?